Friday, August 19, 2011

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 8

I have been completely captivated by this show this season.  The combination of athleticism and artistry has been amazing.  Right from the start, I was charmed by Melanie Moore and Marko Germar.  Melanie went on to win the vote for America's favourite dancer last week.  Thumbs up to my friend Barbi who voted by proxy for Melanie on my behalf!
(If you are receiving this as an email update, please click on the title to view the videos on the blog)

They were the only couple who rented outside studio space.  They were driven to excel - and they did.
Here are my favourite routines by these dancers.


But the routine below is the one I really love.  The premise is that Marko's character was jilted at the alter, Melanie's character is his best friend.  And the one he should be loving has been in front of him the whole time.  Watch Melanie's hand at :28-:29.  She talks with her hands throughout this piece.  Love it!


You can find Melanie on Facebook here.

1 comment: