Monday, January 18, 2010

My Christmas Cards

I decided maybe it was time to have a blog under my own name that I could add all sorts of stuff to, not just Quietfire things.

Here is my first post!

I'm usually so crazy busy in the fall, that I never seem to have time to relax and play and try something new. Just before Christmas I was in Michaels and spotted this punch set (Martha Stewart) and packages of K&Company paper frames. The paper frames were cardstock and printed on both sides which made for a perfect card! I wanted to use the Quietfire Textured Holiday Words, so I picked up some of the coordinating K&Company labels.


With a bit of punching (more on some depending on the designs and the colour of the inside!) and coordinating of the labels, these came out not too badly. I think I cranked out 114 of them. It turned out not to be the epic it sometimes is! I'm still thinking I might purchase my cards next year....

Here are some samples!










Thanks for looking!
Suzanne

7 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne - I've added you to my favs - nice to greet a new blogger. Love your cards, I'd never of thought of using the punch in that way but it is very effective. I used your Silent Night stamp on lots of my Christmas cards (it's beautiful)thank you.
    Hugs
    HW(UK)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful cards, Suzanne!!! A 114... wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nicely done. Aren't Martha's punches wonderful So smooth. And way to go on your personal blog. BIG GRIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Suzanne and congratulations on your new blog. I love the Martha Stewart punches but they are pretty expensive over here in the UK - still I do have some in my stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne! So happy to see you have started your own blog :o)
    Your cards are all lovely. I am sure your family and friends were very happy to receive them......
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you as just you.
    Except for cards I take to work I almost never send out cards till new years.
    I like the snowflake corner look in the corner. I'll hve to look out for those 50% off coupons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Greetings from Washington State! I found you via Nantz's LOCI/Vincent blog. I saw your comment about the winter olympics and no snow and recognized you as a fellow Pacific Northwesterner. Then I look at your profile and you LUCKY GIRL you live on Vancouver Island. I am IN LOVE with Victoria.

    Your cards are just beautiful!!!! I am going to add you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete